Thread: The most fun you can have with a PCP!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

The most fun you can have with a PCP!

Today I finally got to test the Evanix Rex I bought way back in September. It has been a tumultuous relationship with it so far; when it arrived it was leaking, then it was only doing 6 ft/lb, then it was doing WAAAAAY more, and throughout it was twanging like a banjo!

So, leaks and power finally sorted, vibration killed with some Twang-Be-Gone of my own making and then off over the border to try it on the range.

First I will say that this is a very odd gun to shoot, it is designed for high power and as such has a very heavy hammer inside. This creates real recoil and introduces hold sensitivity, just like in a springer! It had been my plan to make a lighter hammer to reduce this, but it made it great fun and challenging to shoot. Get everything right and it makes tiny groups, make a mistake and they open out, not as much as a springer, but enough to notice. The Wildlings at the club seemed to like it too, it's certainly different. I used a whole tank of air and never got bored, that's rare for me with a PCP.

I have created a hybrid with all the disadvantages of both springers, and PCP's!
    This time next years Rodders!
    Better to admit you walked through the wrong door than spend your life in the wrong room

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Today I finally got to test the Evanix Rex I bought way back in September. It has been a tumultuous relationship with it so far; when it arrived it was leaking, then it was only doing 6 ft/lb, then it was doing WAAAAAY more, and throughout it was twanging like a banjo!

So, leaks and power finally sorted, vibration killed with some Twang-Be-Gone of my own making and then off over the border to try it on the range.

First I will say that this is a very odd gun to shoot, it is designed for high power and as such has a very heavy hammer inside. This creates real recoil and introduces hold sensitivity, just like in a springer! It had been my plan to make a lighter hammer to reduce this, but it made it great fun and challenging to shoot. Get everything right and it makes tiny groups, make a mistake and they open out, not as much as a springer, but enough to notice. The Wildlings at the club seemed to like it too, it's certainly different. I used a whole tank of air and never got bored, that's rare for me with a PCP.

I have created a hybrid with all the disadvantages of both springers, and PCP's!
    This time next years Rodders!
    Bring it to the next Bash !
    “An airgun or two”………