Thread: Bipods

tom.hunter Guest

Bipods

Hi

Do many rifles have bipods that are easily fitted like the logun s16?
    Say is there one for the AA s400 and s410?
    Can you get generic bipods that fit all rifles?

Thanks

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Bipods are often generic and can fit many rifles. Some are specific to a particular gun.
    I have a Harris two-way tilt bipod, which fits onto a stud (screwed into the stock forend). Get several studs and you can swap the same bipod onto lots of rifles - some of mine share the same bipod.

HTH

I would recommend the Outers Rockmount bipod which is more or less identical to the Harris Bipod only cheaper. It will fit any gun with a a QD (quick detachable) stud in the forend. It comes on and off in seconds and without damage to the stock. Incidentally I use one with my AAS410.

I would strongly suggest that you get one that will tilt so that you can always get your rifle perpendicular to the ground. The only other thing to consider is the length of the bipod legs. From memory the shorter model has legs that go from 9" to 13" (they are extendable) and this is the one to choose for prone shots only. The longer model has legs that go from 13 to 23" and this is the one to use for prone shots (though not as comfortable as the shorter model) and sitting shots.

A bipod is an excellent way to go for ultra precise hunting. If, however, you are only interested in rock solid support for zeroing or target practice then far cheaper (and IMO better) are sand bags.

You can get all sorts of Bipods and QD studs and sand bags from the bay of e

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Yes, bipod accuracy is incredible. Really helps to eliminate the shakes and you can easily fiddle with the scope px adjustment and magnification.

It's great using a fixed bi-pod.....but what are all your views on those hunting sticks (monopod, bipod and tripod versions)? I fancy getting one to use when I'm stalking. Any good?

With shooting sticks - you become the bit that wobbles either standing or kneeling. Sitting tends to be more stable as your body mass is not always recentering as much as it is when you stand or kneel.

Bipods prone have the potential for the most stable but as mentioned bean bags front and rear are better still but more often used for bench rest shooting rather than out in the field hunting,

Longer legs will allow you to sit, clear any low vegetation and wont give you neck ache like a prone positioned rifle will. If you can lean against something all the better.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPatch
    I would strongly suggest that you get one that will tilt so that you can always get your rifle perpendicular to the ground.
    What are you shooting at, aircraft? Perhaps you mean parallel.

Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales
    Either that or Moles