Thread: BSA Meteor Wanted

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

BSA Meteor Wanted

Well this worked a month ago in finding me a Mercury "S" in .177 and again a fortnight ago in finding me an Airsporter "S" in .22 (got me two actually ), so thought I'd try again. Am ideally looking for a MkIII BSA Super Meteor .177. The Super Meteors were the ones with the vented recoil pads (standard Meteors at the time had plain wood butts). The MkIII was produced between 1969 and 1973 (or there abouts). The MkIII was also the last of the Meteors to have a tapered stock with a rounded front end before the squarer stocked MkIV came along to replace it in 1974 (the MkIV was also available in a Super Meteor option). As condition is the all important thing for me here however, a good condition MkII, MkIV, or MkV .177 or .22 may also be considered (Standard or Super) if the price is right. But as stated, it is a Super Meteor MkIII .177 I'm most interested in, as that is the one I had as a lad (God isn't nostalgia expensive ). Anybody able to help? ATB: Gareth W-B.

ps. Nostalgia -- as mentioned -- ain't like it used to be ... (GW-B).
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 08-03-2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: to high-light the other Meteor models I may consider.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.