Thread: MTC Viper 6-24 X 56IR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MTC Viper 6-24 X 56IR

First post. I just got a nice new MTC Viper 6-24. Again as all the other reviews suggest, this is a very nice piece of kit, very well built and yet not so heavy. The turrets and zoom ring probably need a bit of work loosening but otherwise all good. Optics are nice and bright and very clear upto around 18 mag. The reticle is sweet, good sharp image and looks like it should be worth alot more than the asking price. I imagine this is where the bulk of the cost goes in the manufacturing. So I mounted it to a brand new X2 Sports, which was producing rather eratic results after zeroing. I can produce better 30 yd groups with my prosport using a catseye at the moment. After several second opinions from guys at my club it seems the scope is suffering from some internal zero shift. It can put pellet on pellet for a few shots then it puts one off by an inch or so. I put nearly 300 pellets through trying different senarios, with silencer and 10 shot mag on and off to no avail. So i just proved the zero shift by substituting the scope for another one i had laying around (an AGS 6 X 40 Mini) Problem solved!!! Pellet on pellet etc etc!
    I haven't lost faith in the manufacturer or the scope, so now i'm just waiting to here from MTC, to see if i can send it back to them so they can take a look at it and, hopefully come to the same conclusion as i.

Will update review when i get a replacement.

X2 Sports Walnut and 6-24 X 56 Viper
    AA Prosport Walnut and 4-16 X 50 BSA Catseye
    AA S200 Beech and 6 X 40 Mini AGS
    Last edited by Matthewjs77; 13-08-2007 at 06:43 PM.