[IMG][/IMG]

Pad.E If your reading this, your guns DON'T LOOK LIKE THIS

I'm in the middle of sevicing a Walther LGM2 single stroke pnuematic 10m rifle;
The owner complained it had lost power over time & sometimes it would fail to hold it's air!

I had already stripped, cleaned & reassembled the trigger parts, probe etc. & had started on the valve system when I realised this may be of interest to the few LGM2 owners out there.

The problem was basic lack of maintenance. The chamber had almost filled up with rust, the valve spring was "cacked up". I have also seen this problem on FWB 600's.

The valve seal is the same one as fitted to the Walther LGR series.
I have included a new seal together with the old one in the photo to compare.

The two cap head screws in the photo are used to hold the trigger block to the compression cylinder, these were put in using thread lock of some sort, a hair dryer will not help release this stuff a little more "aggression" is required here, but not too much, no "blow lamps" or paint guns please!

I've tried to show the compression chamber & valve housing in the second photo, you can just see the remainder of the rust in there, it was about 50% full of rust when I started, not leaving much room for the valve & spring, or air for that matter!

One interesting point is what looks like a spring guide in the third photo is a piece of solid flexible rubber that fits inside the hammer spring shown alongside.

Well for those interested I'm sorry I've not given more detail the job was almost done, what more can I say?