92% light transmission
Hand-turn 1/4-MOA adjustments (6-18 has 1/8 MOA adj and 1x20 has 1/2 MOA adj)
Quick focus eyepiece
Long range models are now fitted with side focus adjustment (SF). Guaranteed water/fog/shock proof
Backed by Nikon's Lifetime Full Warranty
Includes multi-use Fog Eliminator cloth

TECHNICAL SPECS:
FINISH: MATTE
RETICLE: MIL DOT
MAGNIFICATION: 4.5-14X
EXIT PUPIL: 8.9-2.9MM
EYE RELIEF: 3.7-3.6"
FIELD OF VIEW: 19.9-6.8'
TUBE DIAMETER: 1"
LENGTH: 14.4"
WEIGHT: 17.6OZ
ADJ GRADUATION: 1/4MOA
PARALLAX SETTING: 50yds - infinity

Hey, I just thought I should share my delight with you good people

Today i received my Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 SF that I purchased off of a very nice gentleman on here going by the alias of davestate, thanks very much mate.

I have read through all of the paperwork that came with this scope, I don't usually do this, but thought a scope of this quality deserved it I have also given the lenses a good rub with the anti-fog whipe that came with it before it gets any water marks or dust on it.

When I first removed the scope from its original packaging I was delighted to see that I have chosen the right optics to compliment my FAC Rapid.

The quality of the construction is fantastic and has a lovely solid feel to it, the turret caps are not sloppy and a nice size (without being too big) to cover the finger grip adjustable turrets (these can be reset when the zero is found).

I have just turned the turrets a few clicks and I am really pleased with the positive click and solid feel along with the fact that you have to put a reasonable amount of torque to move them (not too much, just enough, they feel very solid and crisp).

The saddle focus ring is marked with 50, 60, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 500 & 1000yds and infinity.
The distances between the 50, 60, 75, 100 & 150yd markings is quite substantial so will enable to give a reasonable range estimation and should allow a pretty quick focusing time that will be spot on.
The movement of the SF is very smooth and again needs a reasonable amount of pressure (not too much, not too little) to turn, I must add this is not clunky and doesn't skip at all, there is nothing sloppy about its function at all.

Now onto the variable mag ring, this again is shaped nicely in with the scopes sleek appearance and does not come accross as obtrusive or ugly, this has been designed into the scope, rather than being stuck on the design of a fixed mag scope as an afterthought.
the movement of this is, again, very smooth. It seems to me as if the manufacturers have set everything on this scope to require the correct amount of torque for everything, size to torque ratio on all adjustments feels equal. On the mag ring the numbers are debossed/etched very clearly and coloured in gold. The number 12 on the mag ring also has the word MIL next to it as the mildots are true at this setting.

Now down to the fast focus ocular bell, the movement in this setting is perfectly balanced along with the rest, very smooth and precise in its rotation and solid enough to seem to withstand accidental knocks or movement, so there should be no problems with it moving once set.

The overall look and feel of this scope is one that highlights the scopes quality, the matt black finish is fairly thick so should hold up to everyday usage without looking tatty on the finger grips or edge of the objective bell.
There is around 70mm of scope towards the ocular bell, to position your mount with around 60mm between the turrets and start of objective. This should allow plenty of play to get the right mount configuration even with scope mountable lamp.

The mildot ret is reasonably thin and does not appear to obscure the target, it has a (what looks to be) reflective surface of silver in some light, with certain head positions.

I have only tested the lenses in the office, just having a quick scan about, but they seem to be very bright and the clarity and contrast seem fantastic.

Unfortunately I cant compare this with high end optics, but I have to say that this seems to be the best set of optics I have owned to date, I am now looking forward to getting it mounted and testing it out in my usual shooting scenarios.

Will report back on how the optics seem to perform in bright, dark and damp conditions as soon as I get the chance to go shooting