Hi all - have been a longtime lurker in the reviews section, got some valuable info from you all & reckoned it was about time I returned the favour. So -

Have just taken delivery of one of these, purchased off fleabay - http://www.sutter-gmbh.de/xtcommerce...E-d-30-LP.html

Impressions so far are pretty good: decent delivery & decent price (£49.94 delivered from Germany in 4 days - better than some UK retailers!).

A general look over is encouranging - nice, solid construction, smooth zoom, AO and eyebell adjustments, no gritty bits or graunches like you find in some other 'budget' scopes.

Reticle adjusters are more like the Hawke MAP6 (3-9x40) than the BDC ones on the manufacturer's photos, but I've had no problems with my MAP scopes and these ones seem solid and 'definite' enough in adjustment by comparison.

The view through? VERY nice!!

Beautifully bright & crisp sight picture, that'll be the 30mm optics then! AO (lockable) ring graduations correspond well with known distances (only checked as far as 50 yards - WAY past my range limits anyway) and no distortions or aberrations at either top mags or at the edges of the field of view. Crosshairs are a fairly robust 30/30 equivalent with a centre spot (illuminated) - the 'sweet spot' in the reticle gives 3 inches - or an adult Bunny's ear length - at 30 yards and 6x mag (distance and object size both measured), so has potential for at least some look-through ranging. Illumination on the red dot looks nice as well - adjustability good and doesn't 'burn out' your view even on full welly.

What's it like to shoot with?

Well, it's now mounted on the 410K via a pair of 30mm BSA Scopemasters I had ordered by mistake(!!) a while back.

If the weather plays nice on the weekend we're off after Brer Rabbit - update to follow...