Thread: Yet Another HW35

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy

Talking Yet Another HW35

Hi Gang, I bought and sold a couple of HW35's a few weeks ago and ended up
    buying a box of spares from one of the sellers, i sold some bits on here but kept enough bits to make a complete gun up, as a night time project type of thing

I finally finished it a couple of hours ago YIPPEE!!

the missus can have the kitchen table back (for a while anyway) so she's happy too

The stock had some serious water staining and some deep scratches along with a split which although repairable would'nt have finished well by means of staining and oiling or varnishing, so i decided to give it a couple of coats of satin black plasticoat.

The whole of the cylinder was well rusted as was the barrel but after a week of rubbing down with various grades of wet and dry it eventually came up satisfacturary enough for a full re-blue, that took the best part of this week to get the desired results with 4 good coats of the gel type Birchwood casey stuff.

To complete the rebuild i fitted the original piston and the freshly oiled leather piston seal back in with a good spring with plenty of Maccari light tar on, also fitted were a immaculate set of 35E open sights and sling swivels.

I've had a lot of enjoyment doing this gun up and am very pleased with the finished results. from a box of almost scrap to another fine rifle to add to the armoury

I'll add some pics soon for you all to see

ATB PAUL
    Last edited by premierpistol; 10-06-2008 at 10:03 PM.