Decided to get my old Meteor out for a bit of shooting. I always used to use the excellent open sights but with scopes being a resonable price now I decided to fit one. I decided a small scope would suit the rifle better. Also had to bear in mind the short cylinder lenghth. I eventually decided on the JSR Mini which is about 8in or 215mm long.
Lovely piece of gear. Well made, sturdy, good looking. Came complete with fip up lense covers. PX is short scale, but this is to be expected. Optics are very clear where it matters. The mil dots and cross hairs are rather thick compared to my Richter scope. Also the IR red and green are very bright. On anything other than the lowest brightness setting, they tend to blind the user, or at least wash over the target.
The turrets are finger adjustable and accurate.
Main down side is the eye relief which is quiet short. I have got it mounted fully back on the meteor and it is still too far away. I would say that it needs at least another inch before I can see the the whole picture. This means that I will have to buy extender mounts which will add another £23 to my costs.
If it was'nt for this I would highly reccommend this scope for short to medium range use.