Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a really hard wearing paper target holder / pellet trap for 12ftp shooting (or higher)? I currently own a Gunpower Shadow which so far I have been using to shoot paper targets at distances of 25-50m and of the three target holders I have bought none have lasted very long!! I started with two from a local shop which despite being and looking very cheap I was assured were rated to 12ftp but they obviously weren't as each shot was putting a 5mm deep dent in the back of the pellet catcher! I then bought a 6.75" Bisley target holder which is definitely rated to 12ftp and this is doing considerably better but after about 100 shots the metal plate in the back has seen better days. I'm sure it will last a little while yet but it wasn't cheap - is this normal?

I am going to buy a chrono as I have never tested the muzzle energy of the rifle myself but I have been using it straight out of the box with no tinkering, tampering or modification of any kind so I would assume that the rifle is shooting within legal limits (I'll find out soon though and adjust it if necessary).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Will.