Thread: Help Required: HW80 - cocking link and cocking shoe.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Required: HW80 - cocking link and cocking shoe.

Just back from a weekend up in the hills on a coffee plantation and as luck would have it, the only shooting I did was with the camera.

For close to 10 years I have resisted decocking my HW80K and I don't know what came over me this time but I did just that before the first shot could be fired. The first time round, the rifle decocked without a problem. However, on the second ocassion, I did not hold the barrel fully back before releasing the trigger. So, next thing I know, the cocking link has come loose. After trekking back to the house and removing the stock, I find that the cocking link/lever, has a slight arch, rather than being parallel to the cylinder. Since I'm pretty certain it shouldn't be this way, I straighten it out but it keeps coming off the cocking shoe, when I shut the barrel after cocking.

The exploded diagram for the HW80 shows the inner face of the cocking shoe, rather than the outer and I am unable to tell if a part has broken off. If indeed, something has broken, it is the cleanest break, I have ever seen to date.

Hence, I would be grateful if some kind soul would take a pic of the outer face of the cocking shoe and send it to me. A side ways pic of the cocking link, whilst in position, would also help, so that I can judge the amount of clearance between the cocking link, breech block and cylinder. For this pic, the cocking link should be parallel to the ground.

Many thanks.

Rustam
    Last edited by Rustam Bana; 29-11-2004 at 09:59 AM.