Hi, I recently acquired this rifle which has been fitted with unknown open sights, they are quite nice to use but I can't figure out how to move the dovetailed foresight for windage. I don't want to bang it hard in case I move the whole mount, there is a pin that's been hammered in the front of the assembly but again I am unable to move it.
There are two sets of threaded holes in the air chamber so it seems someone had scope mounts on it at sometime. The last hole next to the trigger block is distorted as though the screw had been under stress, also when I stripped the piston out there are visible score marks on the rear band possibly from a protruding screw..
Before I stripped the rifle it was doing 8.7ft/lbs, not bad considering the state of the washer and the internal muck. There is some writing or a trademark on one of the springs but I can't make it out.
I have a new washer on the way from Chambers a good clean and relube should make a difference.
My questions are: has anyone seen sights like these before and how do I adjust the foresight ?
Where can I get someone to refit some type of scope mounts ? Now that the holes are there I may as well make use of them

Lots of pictures here...

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/bsa_standard

Thanks for looking...Dave...