Hello everyone, and thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

I am new to the wonderful world of airguns, but have been shooting centerfire and rimfire guns for a while. I am looking to buy an air pistol for backyard practice (stance, trigger control, etc.) and am wondering what you all would recommend.

My absolute price limit is $150-$200 (£99-£130, it my math is correct ), though less certainly is good.

Right now I am considering the Crossman 1377, Gamo Compact, Beeman P3, IZH 53M, and Diana P5, but I am certainly open to other suggestions. I think I would prefer either a single stroke pneumatic or a springer so that I won't have to get scuba tanks or CO2, though I'm not sure (rapid fire might be useful). Also, I'm not a huge fan of multi-stroke pneumatics (the 1377), because of increased time between shots, but if it's the best option, I can make due.

My primary goal is to find a pistol which is reliable (hence the absence of the Marksman 2004/P17 from my list), and which is fairly accurate out to 10 or 15 meters. Also, something fairly quiet would be nice (don't want to freak out the neighbors!). I will not be using this for hunting or anything, so extreme fps is not required except for accuracy/distance.

Again, thanks for your help!

-John