AHHH the cut and thrust of informed debate.
Look guys the thing here is, does leaving the cartridge in the gun damage the gun.
Even the manufacturers are divided on that by the look of these replies. So what each of us as individuals BELIEVE is irrelevant since we are supposed to follow the manufacturers instructions.
My OPINION is not law, word of God, or legal statute. It is NOT infalible as I, like many others, can get wrong information or misinterpret what I get. If I am wrong I can be certain that if it is done on this board it will be corrected, and I am pleased that this is so.
I have suffered from a seal failure due to compression of the seal, that was on a Daisy Powerline 44 and I have no idea how old the seal in there was, but when you look at the seal and see a depressed ring where the cartridge has been pressing on it, it is a little obvious thet these things can happen. So since then I have vented the remaining CO2 and backed off the pressure on the mechanism which holds it in contact with the seal.
Those of you who say that the seal is not in contact with the cartridge obviously have a different mechanism for piercing the cartridge and retaining the gas in the gun. This is what happens on my QB78. However in general why take the chance? Take the cartridge out.

As far as transporting a gassed up gun is concerned my info is definately "ancient" but it will be good if someone who is currently up to press on regs gives us a current answer.

Regards
Target Bunny