I thought I would put this (brief as it is) review of the BSA R-10 MK2 on here so some people can hear a review off of a person that actually owns the rifle.

Ok for starters mines a .177 so im unable to comment on a .22 R-10

Picked it up a few days ago brand new from my local RFD, It was well packaged In a cardboard box filled with a really thick polystyrene block with the outline of the gun in it(as to fit the gun), The gun itself was wrapped in a thick clear plastic sheet and the action and barrel was wrapped in thick parcel type paper.. so overall extremely well protected.

The box contained a fill plug and spare o-rings, fill plug lubricant, a Certificate of Conformity, a How-To DVD and an instruction sheet.

Upon careful inspection the gun was pristine and its woodwork looked rather spiffing with its rosewood grip cap and bottle cover and its white spacers, the walnut is incredibly well stippled and the overall finish is very high quality.

Now to the filling stage, everything is easy with its quick fill connection, filled it upto 232 bar and I got 140 shots before it started raining so i came in, I still had about another 30 good shots left in the bottle.

During those 140shots I got it zeroed in in the first 10 shots. and then I put 2 magazines worth of AA Fields into a hole the size of a 5 pence coin at 35 yards. So needless to say. im happy with it.

I also bought a silencer with the R-10, my local RFD said that the BSA VC is good, but he would recommend the weirauch silencer. The R-10 is quiet to start off with, but with this silencer all you hear is the pellet hitting the target.So overall im totally impressed with the whole set-up.

I also feel that Blackpool Air Rifles deserve a mention on this review as they are who I got it from, They are extremely helpful, professional and funny people and I would recommend any Air gunner to pop into their shop if your ever in or near Blackpool (I drove 60 miles to go there as they had what I wanted. They are going to have all my air gun related business from now on.

P.s. I know these guns in their Mk1 stage suffered detrimental problems but now in the MK2 they are all gone. its now a high performing PCP air rifle and its just plain lovely to use.