I feel I have to disagree with the statement that bell target is easier than 10m. I'm also curious which British 10m champion you were speaking to about. There's very few that actually shoot bell target and the few that do are capable of shooting to a very high standard with or without kit, but would never entertain the idea of shooting 10m without full kit! Those that have shot have used it as training exercises and mental training for finals.

No 10m aims for the half mil 10, to do so would be an impossilble task. The black extends out to the 4 ring making a big black circle which is centred in the fore sight with a measured amount of white around the black circle created. A common problem is people using too small a foresight thinking it'll make them shoot more accurately when it usually leads to other problems. Most people would use a smaller foresight for bell using a similar principle. But on the flip side i have seen people take a foresight out and use just a tunnel because it was too small and shot very well.

Those who shoot bell in and out will tell you it reinforces alignment to target, positional awareness and mental toughness and they're right. But shooting 10m will be more beneficial technique wise than someone shooting bell. I've seen possibles shot longarm on a bell target but don't ever recall anyone shooting much more than 500/600 in a 10m comp.

Anybody that can shoot 570 at 10m WILL shoot posssibles on bell, but not everybody that can shoot possibles is capable of shooting 570 at 10m.

I've shot bell target for over 15yrs, to a high standard, I've shot possible season averages, won inter regional bell target competitions and shot 'perfect' scores. I've also shot 10m over that period, winning open competitions, inter regional comps and represent Wales. Bell target is a fun and challenging sportand has introduced many people to the sport of shooting, but will always be an easier discipline than 10m.

Aim straight
Mike