Hi All

After what seems like a long break, though with lots of other shooting opportunities between then and now, we are now just one week from SIHFT Round 4.

This one is hosted by Swallows FTC at our open field and woodland site just over a mile south of Lewes. For any of you who've not visited us before, HERE is a link to a google earth map. Note that most sat navs do have the farm lane (The Droveway) leading down to the club and car park in their databases. For anyone without such technical whizardry and approaching from east or west along the A27, take the Kingston Village exit (traffic light controlled roundabout) and drive in to and through the village until you get to a T-junction. Turn right (south) and then left a hundred yards or so after passing the garden centre. As you approach the bottom of the lane, take the left turn down to our club house, where parking will be in the main field and where only yesterday the 3 foot high crop of nettles was mown by our friendly farmer

As usual, the competition should start at 10:00, immediately following a safety briefing, which you must attend if you're intending to enter.

Gates open at 08:00(ish) with booking in commencing at 09:00.

Food (breakfast before and burgers after the comp.) will be on offer, as well as hot and cold drinks.

SHOOT FEES - £4 for all Juniors (age under 18); £6 for older visitors, £5 older Swallows FTC club members.

And finally, my two usual warnings :

1. Regardless of the farmer's effort in the car park area and our members' attempt to clear paths and lanes in the woods, I strongly recommend you bring shooting mats and/or wear suitably head-to-toe nettle-proof clothing. Rule 7 will certainly be invoked for anyone choosing to turn up in shorts and t-shirts.

2. Remember that the site is shared with people fishing who pay our landlord more than we do. Respect the request for silence - or at least keep your frustrations and/or joys muffled.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing a great turn-out on Sunday.

Apart from the results and the weather, I'd be ever so grateful if anyone would let me know what I've forgotten to include in this post

Biggles