I know this has been partially discussed before but...

I've always used 777 in my ROA with reasonable results and have used a powder flask to throw the charges. Now have plastic vials on their way as an ornate grenade in my hand doesnt make me too comfortable.

The guy I bought the ROA off gave me the flask with one spout of 30g which he used. Clearly with 777 this is a fairly heavy load but...

As we know Hogdon decided that 777 is 15% more powerful than BP and loads should be managed accordingly. They have lots of blurb on the 777 website re: using it in cartridges (which I presume also relates to using it in the chambers of BP revolvers)

Extract here:

You may safely use a card or polyethylene wad up to .030" in thickness to protect the base of the bullet. Loading density should be 100% with light compression not to exceed .100". Testing has shown that Triple Seven will perform best when the bullet just touches the powder. Allow no airspace between the base of the bullet and the powder. Do not reduce loads by means of filler wads or inert filler material such as Grits, Dacron or Grex. Do not heavily compress powder charges. The use of filler wads, inert fillers or heavy compression may cause a dangerous situation, which could cause injury and/or death to the shooter, bystanders or damage property.

It also says that you must only use the amounts stated on their load page.
For an Old Army this is stated as 30 or 35G (by volume) here http://www.hodgdon.com/PDF/muzzleloa...?CHECKBOX_1=on

Few queries around this:
a) The wad they suggest is thinner than even one lubed felt wad! My inetention has been to use a lower load but use a few felt wads to raise the height of the ball.
b) To get the most accuracy out of a BP revolver it is generally accepted that getting the ball as near to the top of the chamber as possible is optimum. If I use 30g of 777 and one felt wad and use the Rugers lever to push the ball into the cylinder (and not using so much force that it feels to be compressing anything) the ball sits considerably lower than I would wish
c) As most revolver shooters use a spherical ball, surely to have the bullet just touching the powder as recommended on their website would mean that their will be some airspace between the two so this seems contradictory. In fact, a thicker wad would seem ideal for having enough flex to fill this airspace.

Its odd that they seem against filler. If it were to mix with the powder clearly the burn rate would be all over the shop and energy spikes would occur but using a filler that cannot mix due to different consistencies or indeed a few wads would seem not to effect this at all?

I know all propellant manufacturers will do all theu can to cover themselves but the above seems odd, particularly the relatively high recommended loads.

Any thoughts?