Thread: Steyr Pistols in CO2 flavour

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Although this thread has drifted away from the CO2 title a bit it is very topical and interesting.

I too am getting on a bit now and carry an old rugby injury to my neck that does not improve with age and so I am happy to look at and consider anything that may help me hit the black bits of the target more often.

I never liked the shorter match pistols, but recently came across a Bennelli Kite Young ( the shorter version of the standard Kite) and have to admit I am pleasently surprised by it.

My regular pistol is a Feinwerkbau P44, and I did try a short version of this same pistol for several weeks, but found it very difficult to get any consistant scores out of it and this is turn did nothing to help me change my opinion about the shorter length match pistols.

Now I have the Kite Young I am starting to change my mind about the shorter pistols and appreciate the lower weight and "dampened" sight picture (less wobbles) and would welcome the chance to try any other shorter length pistols to see if there is anything else out there that could suit me even better than the Kite.

After a reasonably successful evening with the Kite Young, my last card at the Rossendale Club last night was shot with my regular P44 and it may well have been a fluke, but taking the middle out of the card with 10 shots at 10 meters suggests that maybe I have still not yet found the shorter pistol that can perform for me as well as the regular length type I am used to - but I will keep working with the short Kite and will keep an open mind about finding a lighter and shorter pistol that will work well for me.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.