Thread: Early Model 75.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Early Model 75.

When reassembling all of the restored parts of my Model 75 project ( more about that rifle on another thread), I took the stock off of another Model 75 we had here to give us a few clues about where all the nicely restored parts actually fitted!

Well it looked like we had a few extra parts on the restoration project Model 75 that the one we were using as a reference did not have! As the rifle we were copying was shooting beautifully it caused a fair bit of head scratching and the need to look at some "exploded" drawings.

It turns out that the rifle being used to help locate all the parts correctly for the rebuilding of the restored rifle was a very eary one number 000526, and some of the steel pressings had been updated on the slightly newer one that was being rebuilt - but the missing parts were subsequently identified as the anti-beartrap mechanism !!!

Is it possible that these very first Model 75 rifles never had an anti-beartrap device fitted ?

Seems unlikely I have to admit - but maybe one of our resident anoraks can throw some light on this for me?

Meanwhile, I am looking for part numbers 117 anti-beartrap operating arm, 118 anti-beartrap spring, 119 anti-beartrap retaining screw and 129 washer as I want to fit an anti-beartrap device to this early rifle as I would prefer to know when I am pushing the pellet into the end of the barrel that I need not worry so much about loosing my finger if the slide should slam shut !
    Last edited by zooma; 13-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.