Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
My witness has been struck down with the problem where it fires 6 shots, then refuses to cycle properly then dumps its gas down the barrel.

I stripped it down and found nothing, so delved a little deeper and removed the blowback piston assembley, I stripped this apart as my brain was telling me it looked a little dry (as all problematic mechanisms do when you just want them to work) and out the piston fell a BB.

The piston consists of 3 parts, the piston, the cylinder and the insert for the gas tube (and a spring for closing the piston after the shot). The BB was not evident until both it and the insert fell out of the piston when I stripped it. I'm not sure where in the piston it was but it was definately in there.

Hope this helps anyone else who has seen this problem.
Thank you so much for posting this! I just got my Tanfoglio Witness two days ago. The day it came, it shot about 100 shots fine, no problem. The next day, about 10 shots and it started doing this exact thing. I was ready to return it, then I found your message here, and after dislodging two BBs that were stuck in there, it works beautifully now, another 100+ shots through it, no problems at all. So this is great news, saved me a return, and thank you very much! I joined this forum, in fact, just to say thanks.