Thread: Jackal Parabellum Woodstock reborn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jackal Parabellum Woodstock reborn

Dear All

About 6 or 7 months ago I purchased a wreck of a gun from Rickenbacker on here.

It is a very early Jackal - the "Woodstock" version of the Parabellum. Long barrel and military sights - not to be confused with the later "Woodsman"

It arrived with me in a rather sorry state, completely missing the entire sidelever assembly, the stock scratched and worn and the metalwork scratched and pitted.

I decided to do what I could with her.

I've redone the stock as best I could given the state of it and Richard Harvey (RichardH on here) worked his magic on the action. Given the poor state it was in he has done an amazing job IMO

I managed to source the correct sidelever assembly for 50 quid almost unused

I still need to get a couple of the correct screws, a front sight (on order) and get the trigger guard and rear sight mounting screw reblued (forgotten 1st time around)

Here she is in what I would calll 95% completed form

http://s791.photobucket.com/albums/y...m%20Woodstock/

She is shooting at 9.5 ft lb but that's plenty for this old girl to be running at.

She won't win any beauty contests but she is a rare survivor - anyone esle here with a Jackal Parabellum Woodstock?

Cheers
    Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 10-10-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.