The Baikel industrial stapler did a good job last night - I admit to being impressed and wished I had a little more time with it.

The pistol shares a similar action to the mighty FWB 103, but has less mass and a much lower price tag. It also does not have the quality feel or the German "finish" - but it works well enough - and it is only the holes in the card that produce the score!

I have no idea about the availability of spare parts, but I would be looking to find some spare "high-hat" shaped breach seals if it were mine as I can see this seal is mounted upside down in the loading hatch and is able to fall out in use, and either being lost or damaged if the loading hatch was closed on the seal after it had been dislodged if this had not been noticed at the time.

Apart from that small concern I liked the feel and balance of the pistol and the easy cocking action.

Not sure why the Eastern European made pistols seldom come with any form of stippling on the grips, but I could soon fix that and improved the hand hold even more ( and probably make it look better too..).

My test card had a high and a low shot as I worked out the aiming point the sights had ben set to, and then produced a clover leafed hole with 5 pellets in it and the others in very close proximity.

If I thought I could repeat this level of accuracey on a regular basis I would be looking for my own "industrial stapler" right now (!) - but more likely I benefitted from a change at the end of the night and once the novelty had worn off I would slump back down to my usual irregular trend of mixing some outstandingly good cards with many more mediocre ones!

Nice pistol though - and I could get used to the looks !