Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
Okey Dokey...Taken from a sweet shooting .22 standard just now (10.95 energy);

Overall length 260mm ....now this is not all you need as the spring is not new, what you need also is the wire gauge = 0.127" / 3.20mm and the number of coils = 33

From memory, this is very close to Airsporter spec, may even be one as I bought a few N.O.S. ones a spell back, and have not noted which guns I used them on

They can work well in Standards, normally better in the .22's, which are (IMHO) normally slightly sweeter / smoother than the .177's in 45" size.

Another fly in the ointment is that the number of coils versus spring length can vary due to quality of winding...original vintage BSA springs are very consistent, with the distance between coils varying by very little (talking thous here!) whereas some patterns I have seen have been all over the shop, and have had "looser" winding, giving a greater length / preload.

HTH, Regards, Ed
Thanks for that usefull info ed, i will measure a few springs i Have and see if i have anything similar to try and if not, maybe ill order an airsporter one just to give it a go.

I forgot to mension that the bsa longtom i shot today was in .22

Im wondering if this is mostly spring related? Getting the right amount of coils and gauge and preload? Ive had a few conversion projects with this problem but still feels alot of effort to get it higher.

I have a question regarding the trigger pull weight. Can someone please explain to me if and how you can lighten this trigger, as it is reeeeeeeeally heavy!

Im not sure if i have a few screws missing on the side of he trigger block where it says adjust H. L

I will take a few photos tommorow and post them if that identifies any screws missing. I hav all three on the side that says lock, all be it i dont think the large one that looks like it goes through the sear is genuine, as it is a phillips and not a flat head.

Many thanks