My thanks to all at Meon for yesterdays open shoot. My memories pretty hazy but I'm certain this was the first comp I've attended in more than a year, not counting internal club comps, so getting the pellet in the barrel the right way around was always going top be the biggest challenge

Three top courses, HFT, Gamble and pistol which proved testing especially the 2nd shot on the rat at about HFT lane 27. "interesting"

The Gamble started well but went down hill fast the further I got from the burger van. Hefting an EV2 for 20 shots does make the arms ache and with Liam dropping near on every target standing, poor Mike and I had no option but to take each shot standing to save loosing face....we failed. Nice shooting Liam, even if you were crap with a pistol

Now with regards to the pistol, when are you lot going to start using proper pistols instead of those namby pamby pre-charge/CO2's with "no miss" sights eh? Where were the "real" guns with iron sights and a kick to make you feel good, was I the only one not to bring a "match" pistol HW45's rule (or BSA Scorpions).

Seriously, a great day out at a fantastic venue with an equally fantastic bunch of people. A special thanks to Mike and Liam for their company.

Regards

Bob