Hello,
I have had a Nikon Prospoort 3-9 X 40mm Target EFR for a while and thought I would share my thoughts with you.
First of all, I am an optics "nut". I am an amateur astronomer. My Mom gave me my first telescope for my 15th birthday, September 1965, 48 years ago. I have always had a telescope and have several now. I went to Medical School and found myself fascinated with Pathology. I am now a Dermatopathologist and find myself at the eyepiece of a microscope for most of my work day.
I have always felt that with optics you get what you pay for. I have always disliked the phrase "great given the cost". That says to me it is not great if you discard cost. So, I have Leupold scopes on almost all my air rifles. Recently, I found a new (used) air rifle, a .20 Beeman R9, professionally tuned. I could not decide which scope to get so bought an inexpensive one to use whil I made up my mind. Enter the Nikon Prosport 3-9X Target EFR. Note that there are other Nikon Prosport 3-9 X 40 scopes but the one air riflers would want is the Target EFR with Parallax from 10 yards to infinity.
When I opened the package I was impressed by the look of the scope. Nice feel, compact, lightweight. The parallax ring on the front of the scope moved easily and smoothly. Much easier to turn than my Leupold 3-9 X 33 EFR but not so easy that it might turn on its own, or at least mine has not. I like optics that show no spurious colors, have a flat field and focus to a sharp crisp image, all natural colors. No observable distortions in the field of view.
I placed the scope on my new Beeman R9, set up on my little indoor range (15 yards) and focused on the target. Oh my! And, I do mean Oh My!! I was astonished at how beautiful the image was. Flat field, sharp, crisp image, natural colors. Dang! I shot a few rounds of pellets (JSB) and found that the gun shoots very well. It is capable of more accuracy than I am capable of shooting! :^)
So, I went back again and again and each time the optics of the Nikon Prosport amazed me. I have done no long range field trials outside yet but I am so convinced of the quality of these optics that I had to share my thoughts.
Yes, I did compare the Nikon Prostaff with my Leupolds.

Final thoughts:
The Nikon Prostaff 3-9 X 40 Target EFR is a fantastic air rifle scope with exquisite optics. No modifiers needed on that statement. I have no idea why they cost so little but I will buy another. You might want to check one out at your local dealer if you are in the market for a new scope.

Here are the specs:

Specifications for Nikon Target EFR 3-9x Hunting Scope:
Magnification: 3x to 9x
Effective Objective Lens Diameter: 40mm
Reticle: Precision
Finish: Matte Black
Exit Pupil: 3x - 13.3mm; 9x - 4.4mm
Eye Relief: 3.6"
Field of View: 3x - 16.9' at 50 yards; 9x - 5.7' at 50 yards
Tube Diameter: 1"
Length: 12.5"
Weight: 15.7 oz
Adjustment Click Value: 1/4 MOA at 50 yards
Maximum Internal Adjustment: 80 MOA
Parallax: 10 yds to Infinity
Features of Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 Target EFR Matte Black Riflescope:

Quick-focusing rifle scope with variable zoom by Nikon
3x to 9x variable zoom magnification
Quick focus eyepiece allows the shooter to bring the reticle into sharp focus instantly
Fully multi-coated optics for superior light transmission
Zero-reset turrets for quick adjustment and calibration
Waterproof, shockproof, and fogproof
Engineered for .22 LR and air gun ammunition
Can be used accurately with any ammunition, using the Spot On Ballistic Match Technology
Precision reticle
Matte Black finish

best,

JimP