Thread: Baikal Ij 40 pistol wanted + a few questions for the historians

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Baikal Ij 40 pistol wanted + a few questions for the historians

If anyone has an IJ 40 pistol for sale (nice and cheap please) can you pm me please. I believe our sponsor was selling these as late as 1990, so guessing there was a bit of an overlap with the 53/53M models?

Now for the history bits
    After the war, Milbro got most of the Diana stuff,22,25,27,G4 yet they never got or made a Diana model 5. Any ideas why?
    Slavia made a copy of the Diana model 5 (well it is a bit different but close, while the Chinese copy is closer). Did Slavia get the machinery or just decide to do a copy? I think they also copied the Diana 25 rifle as well?
    FEG (Relums) did the underlever pistol (I think Hurricane was one of the names) yet they don't appear to have made a break barrel? Where did the design for that come from? quite like a look at one although been told they are rough.
    Baikal appear to have exported the IJ 22/38/vostok in the late 60's/early 70's?? yet don't seem to have made a pistol until the 80's? This is a break barrel but nothing like the old Diana model 5 or Slavia. They do not appear to have made copies of Diana rifles either.

So (big sigh), when did any of these companies start to manufacture airguns post WW2? What range of guns did they offer? Was there some sort of Iron curtain agreement about what could be made and where?

UPDATE----RELUM DID MAKE A BREAK BARREL PISTOL AROUND 1960----THE TEMPEST.
    Last edited by ggggr; 07-07-2017 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Updating about the Relum
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"