I've recently been given a Tell 177 break-barrel springer. It has the serial number A11 1007 and 'Made in Germany' stamped on the underneath of the short hexagon section of the barrel and the word 'Tell' stamped in an italic script logo form on the top face of the hexagon. Cylinder and barrel pivot screw also carry the number '1007'.

Can anyone provide information about the origin, age, manufacturer of this little rifle? It is currently in a very sad, much used, abused and repaired state.

I particularly need to know whether the trigger block screws onto the cylinder as it's too rusty to tell. Also, it seems that the trigger is held into the trigger block by a pin which only goes in from one side of the block. There is an indent which I assume is where the pin ends on one side of the block but it is too rusty to see the other end - which I assume finishes flush with the block when it is fully inserted. I'm not sure whether the stock is original, but it seems to be of a shape typical of the Haenel model 50 style of stock.

Any information relevant to this little rifle - which I assume would have been marketed as a 'boys' pattern - relating to dating, manufacture etc - but most importantly on how it comes apart - would be most welcome.

Cheers everyone,
datadave