Hi all,
I'm Pete from Preston, Lancs.
I've got to be honest and say I had no interest in Air Gun whatsoever until last week. Us and the next door neighbour keep Chickens, us for maybe the last four years or so. I noticed a small Rat a few weeks ago in the Chicken Run, it's quite large, well for a Terraced House and maybe 15ft x 10ft.
I didn't think much of it at the time but last Saturday was a turning point. I'd gone back down the garden about ten minutes after feeding the Hens and the was a Rat Rave going on, easily 20 of the damned things. I had no idea we had such a problem as the garden is over 120 ft long and the Hens are right down at the bottom.
We have dogs and cats so poison was out so I decided to borrow a friends air rifle and set to. It's an old Russian thing and completely hopeless so I bought a Hammerli Blackout Combo yesterday and have spent lunchtime today zeroing the sights in.......or at least trying to. I came home after work and it's all gone awry now as it's shooting of by a couple of inches.....Not sure what's happened there but I've re-tightened up the scope mounts etc and we'll try again tomorrow.

My main problem is that because the Run is fenced of I have one shot before they all bugger off because of the noise.
Current score is shots fired (including the Russian Air Rifle is
Rats 11
Pete 0

3 shots with the Hammerli so far with 0 results.
Back out in the morning I go.

Anyway, that's the Air Gunning bit pout the way,
I'm 51, married, two inherited Sons, I'm a School Caretaker by Day, by Night I'm a not too shabby Bass Guitarist and I'm usually out Gigging most weekends laying down a solid groove for folks to dance to.......Hopefully.

Cheers for now then Folks and I'm looking forward to gaining some great knowledge for the members and hopefully contributing some when I get the chance.
Two days in and I feel a PCP Buzz coming on already.