My interest in joining is that i have read that some of you have had experience with the "sharp".
I have had mine for some 35 years, and am unsure of the actual bore size. The barrel has both ".22, and 5.5 stamped on. I have recently tried some "marksman No 2" that are 5.6mm, and they shoot some three inches higher than 5.5 mm pellets, at 30 yards!
If they were oversized, they would presumably experience drag in the bore, thus shoot low. However they shoot high! They slip into the breach easily, as do all the 5.5s.
Please could anyone tell me what the bore of their .22 ace measures? Or if they have tried pellets larger than the continental .22 (ie: 5.5mm).
It could be that the barrel has been bored out oversize, but 0.1 of a mm could not be achieved! I have not tried to check the bore, as there is a sound moderator at one end, and the breach plug at the other. I have just thought that i could deform a .22 pellet to way oversize at the skirt, then fire it with just one pump stroke, and measure the diameter of the captured pellel. May try that when i come back home.
PS.
Is it protacol to add info. on guns, hobbies, and the like?
Regards.