Hi I'm looking to return to Aitgunning after a 25 year break. I was hoping to use the sales forums on here to find a rifle.

It's my sons 15th Birthday so was hoping to pick something lightish up for him. I have bad memories of trying to shoot a hw77 which I bought mail order when I was 15. Struggled with it for a few months then sold it. It really was too heavy.

So not wanting to make the same mistake for my son I'm looking for suggestions. I imagine hunting will occur as he Live sin East Sussex, but I wasnt him to get involved in FT or HFT so something that is semi competetive accuracy wise is a must.

Looking for a springer, not PCP, they seem lifeless. plus there's the charging gear. I can remember going through half a tin of pellets in a day, no recharging needed then!
Underlever preferably, I dont see how a break barrel could ever be 100% aligned after cocking. That said the Walthers with the barrel lock are an option, possibly the LGV challenger.

Currently working in London in the Week. Home is Liverpool, so I have options of sourcing.

Looking forward to your advice / contrary views.

Barry