I have a nice condition .22 calibre Mk 2 Airsporter that I do not shoot much - I only to give it a few shots every 6 months or so to keep it working when I give it a clean and wipe-over, and I would like some idea of its value and age as I am considering selling it.

Serial number stamped on the trigger guard is GD14824.

The stock has some nice rich coloured wood and is in very good condition with the original varnish finish being 90% + and the metalwork is 70% + including the rear trigger housing that still has most of its black finish in place.

The folding rear sight is present and complete and it has a round front sight cover.

It has two pairs of short sight grooves on the cylinder, and at the moment it has a new (unused) Hawke Sport HD 4 x 32 mounted on it that IMO looks nice and does not look too big for the rifle, but I may keep the scope and mounts and just sell the rifle as the correct size mounts (Hilver?) took many months to find and were very expensive and can be used on a centre fire rifle instead.

The rifle has a typical Airsporter trigger and shoots with good power ( just shot it to make sure everything is OK) and would make a nice rifle for a collector or vintage rifle shooter to keep and enjoy.

The rifle is too good to restore and from a few paces away it looks immaculate but close inspection reveals the detail explained above.