Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
BTAS have closed which, from a customer service perspective, can only be a good thing.

I sent the leaking regulator for my ''Taylored'' FAC mk1 Rapid to him as it was letting by. I saw the O ring was perished before I sent it (cause of the let by?) and pointed it out to him; it returned to me with the same leak, the O ring was still the same perished item, and there had been insufficient postage applied to the package, which meant I had to pay the surcharge.

Therefore, not only did BTAS take the fee to fix and return it, they actually didn't address the fault, and returned it to me in the same condition as I sent it, and it cost me a few quid to pay to have the Post Office hand it over.
I would never recommend BTAS, or Ben for that matter. Never have I experienced such terrible attitude and flagrant disregard for customer satisfaction.

In the end KevG said he'd sort it for me. It was fixed at no charge, and I was returned in 2 days.

It's funny how Baz used run KevG down as being a monkey, whilst selling his mate, Ben, as the man to see for all things rapid, but in my experience Ben was the monkey and Kev's still the go-to guy.
Kev is a superstar, Pete. Has sorted two rapids for me, over the years and the turn-around, quality of work and price were, quite frankly, unbelievable