Decided to take the .177" 95 out, since its been a couple months since I shot it the last time.
As we dont have power restrictions over here, this rifle is set up with a full power ARH/Maccari Hornet spring.
These have some closed coils at one end, giving added piston weight.
The spring is running on my own tight fit delrin/acetal/POM rear guide and tophat, and has thin steel washers behind the spring and in front of the tophat.
The seal is a ARH/Maccari SGS seal, which has shown itself to soften up sharp recoil without reducing power.
With this setup, 7.9 JSB Express are at 885fps and 8.2 RWS Meisterkugeln are at 910fps, indicating that the extra weight gives power to pellets with thicker skirts. Definately a FAC setup for you guys in the UK.

The gun recoils quite flat, and it is possible for me to shoot groups that are better than most other powerful springers I own.
It is more lively than a HW99/50s or a HW77/97 running at 10-11fpe, but it is really not very bouncy or unpleasant to fire.
The recoil is not extremely fast, but not very slow either.
I have tried the spring "backwards", without the added mass of the closed coils at the moving piston end of the spring, and this gave similar power but a very sharp snappy recoil, indicating that some extra piston weight is needed to stop bounce at this power level.

Anyway, to me, what experimentation with the 95 has shown me is that the gun has potential to be accurate.
But I have come to accept that it is made for power, and that it will never have the low recoil and be as easy to shoot as a gun that has its stroke/bore specifically designed for 10-11fpe.