Well, the weather may not have given today's fair the best start but it did dry up as the morning went on.

A great selection of airguns were on show as always and I have tried to picture some of the traders as well as the guns themselves.

Plenty of horse trading was going on and some of the highlights were a very nice BSA Stutzen on Shed Tuner's stall that came with original open sights - I saw Jon negotiating a sale when I went back to the stall later, so I suspect it sold, a Jaguar Arms Cub that sold just after I photographed it and the most beautifully preserved boxed Tell 2 I have ever seen. I was shown a very nice C.1923 BSA No 2 Standard with clear etching and most bluing present. In fact the rifle was in very good order for a 98 year old, other than someone had removed the BSA No 22 peep sight at some point, leaving rounded edges and drawing the eye to the missing component. The rifle also had an A.G. Parker retailer's mark on the breech and was priced at around the £700 mark. Our very own Binners had around a dozen prewar BSAs for sale at what seemed to me bargain giveaway prices. Let's just say the average price was £150, which is way lower than many others tend to price BSAs these days. The condition was way better than the prices suggest, so some lucky collectors looking for a BSA would have come away with a bargain.

Speaking of Binners, I'd like to say a huge public thank you for putting on these fairs for us to enjoy. Your staff are a credit to you - incredibly helpful and always smiling. It's easy to take such things for granted but such excellent service is not always what we see today, so a huge thank you to your team Peter.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. I managed to find another Makarov for my collection, so I came away happy, as did many others!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PKVJ2KiKMzFd2GdUA

John M