Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
This is very true. Surely if there's one subject crying out for the 'Milewski' treatment, it's postwar BSAs and the gap left by John Knibbs, though John Mil will be forgiven for not being the man that fills it.

Who else will pick up this huge challenge? Preferably someone in their 40s or 50s with lots of energy and an abiding interest in more recent BSAs. Do they exist, I wonder?
Hi Danny,

i have amassed a fair amount of material on post war BSAs, with the intention of running with several multi part series in Airgun World, for instance a 7 part history on the Meteor alone! I don't think there's quite enough for a detailed book though.

One thing I have amassed while researching the BSA book is a ton of first hand accounts of period shooting matches (not just bell target but paper target too), so the follow up book may well be on the history of organised airgun target shooting in the U.K. over the course of the 20th Century. I have also produced a draft manuscript on the Britannia but both are still in the early stages of production and won't be ready for some time.

Kind regards,

John