The symptoms from lead poisoning are well given above and cannot be disputed. But the key question is 'What is the risk of lead poisoning from using lead pellets?' The risk is obviously related to exposure: more exposure to lead in all its forms equals higher risk. I cannot give an indication of what that risk is. But, I consider the risk to be minimal for an average airgun shooter and do not consider myself to be at a significant risk from my activity. I do on occasion, maybe once every 3 or 4 years, melt maybe 1000 spent pellets down but always do it outside and in the shortest possible time. I do not wear gloves while shooting or handling pellets to sort them etc. Most pellets 'appear' clean and I do not usually immediately wash my hands after a session but do so when convenient. If, however, pellets are clearly dirty and I end up with grey finger tips then I wash hands immediately.

My conclusion is that providing precautions are taken then there is no real harm to the airgun shooter from using lead based pellets.
Cheers, Phil