Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
Good morning Mick,
After being initially slightly disconcerted drinking my morning coffee and reading of greasy balls I thankfully read on with interest!

I will be most interested to hear of your results with your experiments as I have a lovely 35s example giving low 10s in .22 which shoots great and seems as if its never been apart. But I've always wondered if it could be smoothed somewhat (bearing in mind how long that lube has been in there) and perhaps nudge power into low 11s.

It would be quite illuminating if you can arrive at a good performing 35 with power and accuracy something which Diana claimed it gave but sadly at least on power front it failed to deliver. My own thoughts were to go the route of perhaps a vortex or oem seal when I eventually get inside mine but I can see where you are coming from on the weight of piston and you may well be on to something good there.

Fingers crossed for you. I'll follow with interest.

Dave

Funny you should post this now, Dave.

I've just had an idea which would be more relevant to yourself and to the other Original 35 owners who've contacted me --- I'm just going to up the weight of the leather sealed piston and see what happens.

All the best Mick