So just to be sure everyone is clear this is no joke. Just recently a gunshop was presented with an air rifle with pellets stuck down the barrel. The shop did what most would do and tried rodding the barrel. Unfortunately for the worker concerned i am led to believe the customer failed to tell the shop he had purchased some Russian exploding pellets from E-bay. The consequences were that the heads quite literally exploded during the process and the corresponding injuries were, whilst not life threatening thankfully this time, certainly warranted some hospitalisation to remove various bits of what can only be described as shrapnel. This is a warning to the wise not to use these things. They may be appealing but if it goes wrong then there can be consequences. I am at a loss how an individual would want to put exploding ammunition down an air rifle barrel but clearly Darwins theory of evolution is flawed for the individual concerned. Over the years i have removed hundreds if not thousands of pellets from air rifles and not even given it a though that the barrel will explode. I have removed live shotgun shells and centrefire ammunition from barrels/breeches without any incident as i am clear in what i am doing and am aware that it is live ammunition.
Be careful out there because there is unfortunately persons that just don't realise the potential consequences of their actions. Be careful if you help a friend out as they may not realise they are putting you at risk. Whilst discussing this incident instore a customers first comment was i wonder if they would work on rats and rabbits. Just about says it all.