Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ah, thanks for that, Gav, and I've explained that making sure he's properly trained and well-behaved are paramount as he's, obviously, going to be a big, strong lad.

Prior to his arrival the wife has been silly busy re-configurating bedrooms etc., so the lad's bedroom is now downstairs and Caesar will be with him. The lad doesn't really "do" people. He's on the spectrum. He's a really good little shot, too, but due to his anxiety around people might not ever make it to a Bash. But he does have a real affinity with animals......our cats adore him and there are two horses in a field down the road who he visits who live him to bits. I have a feeling that training the pup will come very easily to him. We'll see.

When I went down for brekkie earlier they were both fast asleep next to one another.

P.S......Know what you mean re not being ready for another Shepherd a few months after your loss. Even if my wife had said yes to another after losing Brem I wouldn't have felt ready for at least six months, maybe a year. At least you have those two Frenchies who will, no doubt, adore you. And who knows what happens in the future? I'd resigned myself to not being able to ever have another.
    Last edited by TonyL; 23-12-2022 at 07:06 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!