Thread: Old Mk 2 BSA Airsporter box question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old Mk 2 BSA Airsporter box question

I have a scruffy old box for a Mk 2 Airsporter and the printed label isn't Armoury Rd Birmingham but Studley Rd Redditch, now that might be a well known address for BSA, except by me, so asking the collector experts.

Maybe it was a dispatching facility or was it where repairs went because it does have Armoury Rd hand written twice on it too, one each side (but not in the same hand writing which doesn't seem factory) and one of them covered over by a blank piece of paper so I wonder if it has been returned early on maybe, to Armoury road first?

It has what I assume was the first buyers address too written under the Redditch address funding my theory of them sending it directly back to the owner after he or his gun shop/place of purchase sent it back perhaps?
    Further to that the box and gun serial don't match (the box only has a part serial, G & possibly E ?43?5 & the gun is GD) so if my idea was correct I wonder if he sent it less it's box which he'd probably already chucked, as you do and they returned it in a spare box? Then again after so many years the gun and box may be mismatched for another reason of course seeing as the box condition and the guns condition are worlds apart.
    Anyway interested in ideas as this is exploring the guns history.
    Last edited by stevegv8; 26-01-2023 at 06:56 AM.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.