Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
Fool you if you end up in jail.
Several cases the Police lost because how does the average punter know without test equipment? They can't nor expected to either.

I agree that pushing against the system isn't wise. There may be idiots out there, but don't be one. But then again don't live in fear that the Police might throw you in jail either. Don't take their word for it either, as annoyingly the Police have been shown not to be anyone's friend in such matters. When it comes to the Police don't give them any information at all, as they may use it against you.
The biggest abuse is "the laws the law"; but the law is actually a lot more forgiving in most matters. Why there are juries that have the final decision.
Again I'm not advocating trying your luck when it comes to the law as testing it costs a bomb. And you might have it all wrong.

"Capable" is very obscure. If you put lighter fuel in any barrel then it can go FAC. Is that "capable"? The Police can't use "capable" in the widest of context.
I suspect if you have a defence that you believed the air rifle was within the law and had no reason to expect otherwise, then you should be fine. It is not for you to police stuff you haven't the equipment nor knowledge to. Having said that an enthusiast with all the equipment might have less of a defence, but only if proven that the intent was to keep it over the limit.

Just all be sensible. No need to live in fear, but then don't go testing the system as its there for a reason.
Some good advice here. However if the rifle has been found to be s1 and even if the police decided not to pursue prosecution, there would be a chop saw coming straight across the offending "pride and joy". No opportunity to just turn it down a bit.