Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
One very low-end pistol I would happily pay quite a bit for is this Japanese Eagle:

Why? Well, firstly it is the only Japanese spring air pistol currently known. Secondly, I have puzzled over this pistol for a long time, and I just cannot figure out how it works, or even loads, and I would love to get my hands on one to take apart.

It is not just simple pop-out, as it seems at first sight. More pics in the Gallery here: https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ols/#post-6840. In fact I willingly offer a nice chrome vintage Gat to anyone who can provide a plausible explanation as to how it works, to my full satisfaction.
I've got 2 suggestions John, apart from finding someone who can translate.

First up is that it just loads from the muzzle, but if you were using pellets you would need a rod to push them down. I was thinking maybe that the pellet shown in the pic is a red herring?
Second idea is that when you cock the gun, that end cap at the back slides out to enable you to load. There doesnt seem to be any wear on the sides, which you would expect if someone were to operate something like that manually?
With the sliding end cap idea, that would probably make it a bb repeater, something like the Webley Stinger--------but there is no clue to it being a repeater?
Just thinking----was the Stinger bought in? and was it ever sold under another name? The Stinger is fairly crap but I guess that will be a collectable one day. I gave mine away.