Hi All

I recently purchased a very very tired and sad-looking MK2 1986 HW77K in .177. Bluing stripped off most of it, mole grip marks and other nicks in several places - not a good looking action. Stock very worn and scratched.

There is no front end on the barrel and there are file marks where the barrel was made narrower to accommodate some sort of alternative front end.

I have made up a standard MK2 underlever catch out of bits but I am missing the little steel tube which goes around the screw which holds in the sliding catch. Chambers list this in their exploded diagram as W110 but it's then not listed in the actual parts for sale list. Any idea wherer I can get one or what the dimensions are to make one please?

ANYWAY...

I got the gun to fire once I'd purchased an new cocking lever as this was missing entirely. The shot cycle was nice and smooth and quick and I was pleasantly surprised.

I have now stripped the gun and low and behold we have the green coated Zephyr 25mm piston with the "Crows Foot" seal!

I do wonder about this action... was it originally a Zephyr and lost its walnut stock and "barrel weight/moderator" front end? The underlever is a std "slider hole" end, not a ball or a ball-cup.

The gun looks awful but shoots very sweetly. I didn't measure the TP unfortunately before cleaning relubing and rebuilding so I don't know if this has been enlarged to 3mm or 3.2mm which was a popular thing to do - maybe not on the Zephyr though?

Cheers
Matty