Thread: The brilliance of Andrew Lawrence

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Re01312 View Post
    Guys

My English Hy-score Phoenix Arms is a repeater too. It has same mechanism on the back as my 802R, 803R (5 in 1 barrels), not sure about the 804 will need to look.

The mechanism is brilliant bit of kit but I end up fixing them all the time. Usually they are overloaded with pellets and become jammed. Sometime the circular keeper breaks off and the mechanism jammed, in short I fix them more then I use them.

I own quite a few hy-score the only pistol my Hy-score collection is missing is a boxed 805.

Anybody have an 805 they are will to part with now? I fly to the UK for it.

My wife and I will at the PA show, see you there!

Randall
    I wonder if part of the jamming issue is that we now use modern pellets which the mechanism was not designed for. It even warns on the mechanism to use only Hy-Score pellets. Pellets in the 1950’s tended to be short and “stocky”. Putting in a miss-sized pellet and twisting is a recipe for trouble? I had a similar issue with the old repeating Benjamin CO2 pistol. They say they never worked right. I was having issues until I loaded in old Benjamin pellets. Similar issues with the Haenel 28 repeaters. I have only found one pellets that still works perfectly with that pistol. The long and short of it, as you say just load single shots in and don’t worry about it. They are just a cool bit of airgun history.
    Last edited by 45flint; 22-02-2024 at 01:03 PM.