Thread: bsa vs 2000

Question bsa vs 2000

just curios do's anyone actually own one of these ??????

One collector owns most of the prototypes, as it never went into full production.
    He is not a member of the BBS.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    A member of this BBS did have one, but he sold it back along - possibly to the chap that Troubledshooter mentioned...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Yep I remember that Paddy, I e-mailed the bloke (as he was kind enough to leave his e-mail address on his signature, and it was before I was a member)
    and he wanted 1500 pounds for it. At the time I couldn't justify that sort of money on one airgun,(and I still couldn't now) so I passed it up.
    Since then I have always thought back to that opportunity and thought well maybe I could have afforded it at a stretch.
    At the end of the day, it was a lot of money then as it is a lot of money now!

However as they keep saying on Antiques Roadshow " where would you find another one"??

Thats collecting I suppose.

I was interested to read that Robert Beeman prices the VS2000 at $3000.00 in the Blue Book, so perhaps the price the bloke wanted, was about right.

Lakey

The person selling the VS was me. Unfortunately I didn't get anything like £1500 but I needed the money at the time!
    Do I regret the sale - no not really, I only had two hands, you really needed three!!!
    Enjoyment of the present is denied to those who worry too much about the future.

use:- roger34@btinternet.com as E'mail

Hello again Serowman, good to make contact again now that I am a member. Always regreted not getting your gun, hope it found a good home.

Lakey

VS 2000 in Three calibers

Was/is owned by MS and also the prototype, which was in the white, until it was blacked by myself, about six + years ago. The three completed ones in .177 .22 and .25 were factory finished and can only be described as superb in every way. Mr Knibbs did have one apart from these and I think he sold it on for around the £1500 figure mentioned.

Richard

Smile thank you

thank you for satisfying my curiosity, now does anyone have a spare titan mpt???? remy17

Quote Originally Posted by remy17 View Post
    just curios do's anyone actually own one of these ??????
    Just seen one these for sale 4000.......yes thats four thousand..
    TIM
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

I saw a VS 2000 in John Knibbs shop on Saturday. Can't remember the price but it was too much for me! First oen I have ever seen in the flesh. It struck me as an excellent concept and I'm sorry it never went into production.