I wondered how long it would be before this query/topic came up and this thread may go on for a long time.

I have to agree that the early Airsporters beat the Webley Mk 111's for styling, and that the flip up tap is a very good safety feature. But I also agree with the fact that generally, the build quality, finish/bluing and woodwork are a step up on the Webley
I am fortunate to have acquired a number of both Mk111's and Airsporters over the years(my latest purchase being a .177 Webley Mk 111 -1959 vintage)
I do bench test them at 20 yards and at 50 yards on our club ranges occasionally

If we exclude my RB2, the most accurate at 20 yards seems to be the Webley .177 but it is only just ahead of the Airsporter Mk 1 in 177 (10 shot groups rested) - The Webley had a Parker Hale fitted but the Airsporter Mk 1 was of course open sights, so this was not really a fair test or very scientific.
All the .22's were scoped.
CTC groups were of the order of 15mm for the .177 Webley and 18mm for the BSA Mk 1 .177.
Group sizes for the various .22's were about 20mm

At 50 yards I have only checked out the .22 rifles.
Best groups that I have shot 'bench rested' were from a Airsporter Mk 11 (using 5.6 Wasps) closely followed by the Webley Mk111. What has been surprising, was to find that my .22 Airsporter 'S' models did not do so well and could not match the much older rifles.Group sizes were of the order of 70-80 mm

I also tested a .177 pre-war tap loader BSA Club Standard model. Even with open sights this gun accuracy at 50 yards was superb using JSB manufactured pellets. It is also more powerful than the .177 Airsporter and .177 Webley Mk 111

Perhaps one day, one of us will get round to organizing a long range target shooting day/competition with these old springers. We could have various classes of pre-war, post-war,bench-rest, standing, sitting open/metal sights and any sights.If there was enough interest we could run it at my Small Bore Club where we have quite a number of ranges up to 100 yards in Groby quarries not far from jnc.22 of M1. It would also be an opportunity to bring and buy guns and spares etc.maybe invite a few dealers in the good old stuff.
A BBQ would go down well and we have good facilities for parking/toilets/etc
This is something to think about for the future as there certainly is a lot of interest in these old guns

John