Thread: identification

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.

identification

I'm venturing into the dark side now can any of you lads or lasses identify the air rifle in the photo, it belongs to a friend of mine who found it when clearing out his grandfathers shed, he reckons it's at least sixty years old as his grandfather used it when he was boy.

The only marks on it are the word FOREIGN, it's not the best photo in the world, sorry.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...m/airrifle.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I'm venturing into the dark side now can any of you lads or lasses identify the air rifle in the photo, it belongs to a friend of mine who found it when clearing out his grandfathers shed, he reckons it's at least sixty years old as his grandfather used it when he was boy.

The only marks on it are the word FOREIGN, it's not the best photo in the world, sorry.

Thanks in advance.
    Venturing into the dark side alright . I'd check your link matey. No photos of a gun there but some video footage of two young girls dancing and a couple of semi naked guys cuddling .... oh, and a pug dog dressed in a pink bunny outfit . ATB: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 10-05-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: coz I can (hee hee, to ad extra smileys).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I'd check your link matey. No photos of a gun there but some video footage of two young girls dancing and a couple of semi naked guys cuddling ... oh, and a pug dog dressed in a pink bunny outfit .
    I thought you were dreaming....that is a pug in a bunny outfit!!
    Seriously, rifle picture is in Airgun related bit..I do like that pug though!
    "Putting a country take on things..."

Quote Originally Posted by exmoor beast View Post
    I thought you were dreaming....that is a pug in a bunny outfit!! Seriously, rifle picture is in Airgun related bit..I do like that pug though!
    Nope, reckon its only available to subscribers as I’m still only getting the young dancing teenage girls, the semi naked guys cuddling and that $odding dog … Am more than a little uncomfortable with this, so I’ll leave it to you more knowledgeable computer bods to navigate around and identify for him while I go off to put the kids to bed ... : (Gareth).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks in advance.

b). Looks like a Relum Tornado to me.

Relum Tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    a). I am a genius. (Your link was broken).

b). Looks like a Relum Tornado to me.
    Ahh, thats much better (well done Stevey-Boy). That my friend is a mid 1970s Relum LP25, otherwise knick-named the Jelly and/or the Telly, an example of which I have had the pleasure of owning (am now going to switch into smug mode ): Gareth.

Ahh, thats much better (well done Stevey-Boy). That my friend is a mid 1970s Relum LP25, otherwise knick-named the Jelly and/or the Telly, an example of which I have had the pleasure of owning (am now going to switch into smug mode ): Gareth.
    I bow to your superior knowledge of these collectables mate. Does look very similar to the 3 Relum Tornado's I got at the boot sales a few weeks ago though.

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Thanks chaps

Can anyone tell me the name of the pug ?

God has a hard on for green rifles

Thanks chaps. Can anyone tell me the name of the pug ?
    ... Phaedeaux .

... Phaedeaux .
    Can you say that on here?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    I bow to your superior knowledge of these collectables mate. Does look very similar to the 3 Relum Tornado's I got at the boot sales a few weeks ago though.
    steve
    the tornado was (i think!!), the underlever version of the 25, similar to the airsporter and the mercury

both the relums had two mainsprings, the inner one seemed to be there to replace the spring guide, i haven't had one yet that doesn't soud 'orrible when being cocked, the coils of both springs slip over each other twanging as they do

john

Certainly not a Tornado. If it's a "Jelly", it's got a different stock to mine, which has no grooves.

Quote Originally Posted by TROUSER TRUMPET View Post
    Certainly not a Tornado. If it's a "Jelly", it's got a different stock to mine, which has no grooves.
    Both the LP25s (Jelly, Telly, take your pick ) I've had and the one featured in Hiller's 4th ednt have this style of fore end grooving,
    but as all mentioned (and probably this one too) hail from the 1970s, maybe yours is from the 1960s? The Telly/Jelly Relum repeaters however had the same style of parallel single long grooves as seen on the Diana Mod.27 of the day. Fun this, isn't it : Gareth W-B.

Mine, which is on loan at the moment, has "made in Hungary" on the barrel, and "Lammer......" summat. Can't remember exactly. I believe it to be quite an early one.