Rite,

I have just compared 3 scopes that i have sitting around
1-MTC 4-16x50 Viper
2-Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 mildot
3-Leupold MK4 8-24x50 TMR Ill

Out of the 3 the worst scope is the MTC! The field of veiw is noticably narrower! and when looking at object 200yrds or more away the detail and contrst is just no where near as good as the other two! I was looing into the sunlight and this effected the sight, where the other 2 wernt fased by it. No sunshades were used as you wouldnt then get an accurate gauge of the scopes performance! So now that scope failed onto the next 1.

ZEISS, this has a great quality picture especialy when compared to the MTC. the contrast, picture detail and feild of veiw are far better than the MTC scope. I was very impresse with the Zeiss. When looking into the sun at shadows at 200yrds and about 800yrds the pictures were very good! you could see details of objects that were well in the shade and the suns glare didnt fased the Zeiss.

Leupold, Now this had a very slightly better field of veiw than the Zeiss and at 200yrds the contrast and detail were very hard to differentiate from the Zeiss! but after alot of looking etc i felt that the Leupold had the edge! at 800yrds the Leupold edged further away! This is where the glass on the Leupold is even better than the Zeiss. The picture was clearer and better defined than, however not by alot.

Conclusion,
The leupold is deffinately best of the test but when you consider it is a fair bit more money than the Zeiss infact about £200 more if importing both scopes! Inturn the Zeiss is about £200 more than the MTC. I realy dont like the MTC for the fact that eye releif is very critical to get a good clear picture! Both the Zeiss and the Leupold are far less fussy and much easier to use. They also weigh alot less too.
Money no object get the Leupy! If you dont feel the need for the best or like most of us cant afford/cant justify that kinda money then the Zeiss is about as good as you'll ever need! Plus mounts for the Zeiss will be less as it has a 25mm tube compared to 30mm on the Leupy.

Hope this is of some interest. I will when i have time try to compare them at night.