Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Goodmorning all,

Like to pester the lot of you with two questions:

First:

What is a good alternative for the Good Old Eley Wasp, now the currently (Turkish made?) made ones are Cr&p ?(I like to use them in my vintage Webley's and Beza's)

Second:

Where can I find the serialnumber on a MK3 and how many different loadingtap levers are there? (Mine has a square, quite agriculteral one, looks like a homemade replacement, but not sure of this ) I know these are two questions in one !

Thank you and have a nice day,

Hans

mk3

Hans.

If your talking about a Webley MK3 Loading tap lever, I have seen at least 3 types.

Serial Number: If you cock the gun. there is one stamped on the underside of the barrel next to the underlever pivot and one on the inside of the under lever. They should match.

Early versions had one stamped on the loading tap cover plate.

Mike
    Michael Bridgewood
    For Sale: Webley Service Series 3, Pre War BSA.
    Wanted: Webley Service MK11 Series 1 & 2

Pellets

I have also found the new Wasps to be rubbish. My Mark 3's seem to like RWS Superdomes, but I have not yet found an air rifle that didn't work with this pellet. Managed a 1/2 inch group at 20 yards the other day.

Mike95

Advice Needed

I was using those new Wasps in my MK3 and getting very poor results, when I tried them in my Premier they fell right through the barrel despite being 5.6mm ones. After advice on here I now use RWS Superdomes.

Hello,

Thank you all for your wise advice.

Have checked the serial-number on the underlever and barrel; both say A1439, so they match. Must be one of the last series MK3's, any cleu about its birthday?
    The lever should be a square one and that's correct too, although it looks a bit rough (like somebody put his teeth on it )

Will give the Superdomes a try, but most Europian made .22 pellets are 5.5mm and not 5,6 mmm like the good old Eley Wasp was.
    I remember that there was a Bulldog & Marksman Brand (last one made by Lincoln Jeffries), are they still available, because overhere I don't see them anymore.

Always good to use a British pellet in a British gun with a British made barrel, they were made for each other!

Thanks once more,

Hans
    Last edited by Ratbuster; 26-07-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Pellets

Plenty of Marksman about but I am not sure about the diameter. I did get hold of a lot of Webley Hustlers which have that 60's look about them.

A tip from a Mark 3 owner on here was to try the head of the pellet in the muzzle for fit. When you put the pellet in the tap you have no idea how tight/loose it is.

Mike95

Pellets

Just tried those new 5.6mm Wasp in my Webley MK1 pistol, same thing dropped straight thru the barrel. If you were using these in any taploader you would never know. I am going to dig out my micrometre and measure them to see what they really are. I'll keep you all posted

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I've been using Webley Mosquito express in all my springers for quite some time. This has included my old Webley MKIII and and not quite so old Airsporter.
    A quote on the MKIII from a rather good springer enthusiast was "it doesn't shoot groups, it shoots holes"
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!